An Eye for an Eye is a secVERNON VERNON ondary quest in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and a part of VERNON the Assassins’ quests (the opposite being A Deadly VERNON Plot and Redania’s Most Wanted) wanted for VERNON Reason of State. However, VERNON this could be allowed to fail without locking out Reason of State (see VERNON notes for similarly details).
After interacting with Vernon Roche, he tells you Ves is being difficult and asks for help in her going rogue. You can go along with him without delay or meet him later at Hanged Man’s Tree. Just down the street, in Mulbrydale, Ves starts offevolved an attack on the black ones.
Rush all the way down to the village and help kill the Nilfgaardians, but greater importantly save Ves as she can die here and that would fail the search. She would not die as fast as her health drops at the start, however make sure to attain her as soon as viable, so that you have a few control.
After the skirmish, Roche will berate Ves and they may argue until they see one of the Nilfgaardians has survived, mendacity close by. Roche wants to spare him while Ves states they need to kill him. Ultimately it comes right down to VERNON Geralt’s selection, so pick whichever path you desire. If you pick out to kill him, Roche will end him off notwithstanding being against it.Journal VERNON entryThose beneath Roche’s command hardly ever defied orders. When they did, the challenge of disciplining them fell to Roche’s 2d-in-command, Ves. No one who continued a reprimand from this tight-lipped yet sturdy-armed soldier might ever consider insubordination once more.Yet this time Ves strayed from her normal loyalty and omitted Roche’s orders by way of leaving her put up with out VERNON permission. Faced with an unusual dilemma, Vernon determined to turn to the witcher for assist.If Ves survives the combat:The peasants of Mulbrydale had helped Roche’s guerillas in the beyond, so Ves decided to stand of their defense now, of their hour of need, although she knew this turned into a hopeless and nearly suicidal venture. Had now not Geralt and Roche come to the rescue inside the remaining VERNON minute, Ves could simply have died a untimely dying after being cut down by Nilfgaardians, Yet because it were, the imperial troops have been defeated – but their leader escaped with his lifestyles thanks to Roche’s intervention and Geralt’s aid.If Ves dies within the fight:Yet Roche and Geralt did not come to the rescue in time. Ves fought to save the peasants of Mulbrydale – though she knew complete properly she stood no VERNON chance of prevailing in opposition to her significantly greater numerous opponents. No historian will write of this stuggle, nor will any bard sing of it, and no gravestone shall mark Ves’ resting place.Vernon Roche fell into dour spirits after Geralt’s verbal exchange with Radovid at the chess membership. He didn’t want to mention proper then what had blackened his mood. Instead, he requested the witcher to return talk to him at his hideout near Oxenfurt.Objectives
- Meet Roche at his camp.
- Meet Roche by means of Hanged Man’s Tree.
- Save Ves.
- Kill all of the Nilfgaardians. (50)
- In the Official Prime Guide, it became referred to that to liberate Reason of State, all 3 Assassins’ quests (A Deadly Plot, An Eye for an Eye, and Redania’s Most Wanted) needed to be completed/could not be failed. However, it changed into later shown the latter two might be failed so long as one completed A Deadly Plot and bribed Dijkstra (as opposed to breaking his leg) at the end of Blindingly Obvious to get the hunt to liberate.
- For this unique quest, you can fail by means of letting Ves die with out locking out Reason of State, however permitting this means no longer getting Roche’s assistance later (see notice below).
- This quest must be efficiently finished a good way to get Roche’s help for The Battle of Kaer Morhen. Not only will he require it earlier than agreeing to help, but he’ll also refuse if Ves dies.
- One of Ves’ comrades throughout the assault drops a Wild Hunt warrior axe and one of the Nilfgaardian squaddies drops Condottiere’s boots. The Nilfgaardian infantrymen right here are also the handiest regarded loot supply for zerrikanian powder.
- If the quest A Deadly Plot is to be had, however you haven’t met Roche on the Passiflora yet, he’s going to continue to be there till you achieve this, even though quest markers show him at the camp or Hanged Man’s Tree. This was meant to be constant in a patch however a few may additionally nonetheless have this difficulty.